Search This Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2017

14-15 April 2017 turkey hunt

So got skunked in am hunt. I stayed on the hill to listen at sunrise. Did not hear anything so went to swamp and heard nothing.  Hunted till 930 am. Decided to go to breakfast. After I left decided to go back hunting.  Went to a few spots and called. No answer. Finally as I was walking away and saw a Tom. I set up and called him in within 35 yards. I was waiting on a better shot and moved a little. He heard me and went the other way. He came back out in a clearing, I missed judge the distance and you guessed it, I missed. THEN I went about four hundred yards down the path and set up. A gobbler answered. He came in within ten minutes. He gobbled 5 times but was behind some brush. I finally heard him spitting going to the left towards a deer trail. I fixed my gun on that trail. As he came around the brush pile he came out of stroud and turned down that deer trail. He only got two steps down the trail and I rolled him!  20 lbs 10 inch beard and 1 inch spurs. The next day Jack built his own civilization so I felt obliged to to include it. See below.





No comments:

Post a Comment